GOLDfren began manufacturing sintered disc brake pads for a wide range of off-road and road motorcycles in 1991, nearly three decades on from their first motorcycle brake pads GOLDfren has become one of the largest aftermarket manufacturers in the motorcycle brake disc pad industry. Their development of next-generation products has kept them at the technological forefront of Sintered Friction Braking providing you with confidence in the performance, durability and reliability of your brakes.
GPR material is the latest from the GP series which was developed for road motorcycle track racing. The GPR series features a high and stable friction coefficient and was developed on a base of sintered metal-ceramic friction materials through the process of powder metallurgy. The GPR material provides low abrasive interaction with brake rotor and much calmer braking thanks to the metal-ceramic friction compound composition. GPR series features a stainless-steel heat shield for thermal isolation highly abrasion resistant. The difference in braking performance in wet and dry conditions is virtually non-existent, performing excellently in both.
- Very high static friction coefficient
- Low abrasive interaction with the brake rotor material surface
- The brake pad surface is specially treated
- Minimal difference between wet and dry braking performance
- Produced by Progressive Powder Technology
- Braking performance does not deteriorate as heat increases (up to 830°C)
- Stainless steel heat shield for thermal isolation
- Track racing motorcycles
- Recommended on front brakes
- Works perfectly in both dry and wet conditions
- Specific pressure: 5.1 Mpa
- Sliding speed: 30 m/s
- Constant maximum temp: 680°C
- Short time maximum temp: 830°C
- Counter-surfaces: steel discs
What is a sintered brake pad?
GOLDfren only manufacturers sintered brake pads that contain metal-ceramic and ceramic-carbon friction materials, these materials allow for less brake dust and a quieter braking experience. Sintered brake pads are made by fusing together metallic particles under high temperature and pressure which enhances friction properties and pad life, resulting in longer life and stronger braking. Sintered brake pads experience no brake fade when operating at high temperatures and in wet conditions. They also last up to 5 times longer than organic pads and provide additional braking strength. All materials used are environmentally friendly and do not contain any lead, asbestos, fibreglass or formaldehyde.
Reminder: one set of brake pads services one brake disc, if you are servicing multiple discs you will need multiple sets of brake pads.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh